Consulate General of Nepal in Chengdu was formally opened on 24 May 2021 amidst an opening ceremony held in Chengdu. During the State Visit of the President of the People’s Republic of China, H.E. Xi Jinping to Nepal in October 2019, two countries agreed to establish the consulate general of Nepal in Chengdu.
Major Functions and Services
- Promotion of friendly relations between Nepal and Sichuan Province, Chongqing Municipality and Guizhou Province of Peoples’ Republic of China.
- Enhancing the economic, commercial and trade relations between Nepal and China.
- Providing consular services to Nepalese nationals including issuance of passports, travel documents, attestation, and assistance to Nepalese nationals residing in Sichuan Province, Chongqing Municipality and Guizhou Province of Peoples’ Republic of China
- Issuance of Nepalese visa to Chinese and third country tourists.
- Coordination and facilitation of bilateral visits and meetings.
- Providing information and advice to the potential investors and businessmen willing to invest and do business in Nepal.
- Encouraging Chinese tourists to visit Nepal.