This is to inform that the Government of Nepal has recently issued a new travel guideline for people travelling to Nepal. Based on the decision of the government, we request people travelling to Nepal from Sichuan Province, Guizhou Province and Chongqing Municipality of China to observe the following guidelines:
- All people travelling to Nepal, if they are fully vaccinated, need not stay in quarantine and can obtain visa on arrival as well, upon submission of the following documents in addition to those required for the visa purpose:
- COVID 19 vaccine certificate issued at least 14 days prior to travel
- Proof of a negative COVID 19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test (RT-PCR, Gene Expert, True NAAT or WHO accredited test) obtained within 72 hours before check in. Children who are 5 years of age and younger are exempted to pre-departure testing.
- If someone is travelling for mountaineering, trekking or any other activity requiring permit, a copy of the permit issued by the concerned authority of Nepal
- Proof of hotel reservation in Nepal
- Printed copy of the International Traveler Online Arrival Form (Fill up the International Travelers Online Arrival Form available at ccmc.gov.np , submit it online and get a printed copy of it)
- People who are not fully vaccinated, still can travel to Nepal, but they must obtain visa from the Embassy or the Consulates before their departure and submit other documents as mentioned above. They must remain in hotel quarantine for 10 days at their own cost upon arrival in Nepal; and will be allowed to go out if they are tested negative on the 11th day of the quarantine.
- Nepali nationals and Non-Resident Nepalis (NRNs) travelling to Nepal will be allowed to go to their destination directly if they are fully vaccinated and submit a PCR test negative report as well as a printed copy of the International Traveler Online Arrival Form.
- People of Nepali origin or Non-Resident Nepalis (NRNs) and people who are married to Nepali citizens, although they are not fully vaccinated, are allowed to travel to Nepal and can get visa upon arrival on the following special conditions only:
- People travelling to Nepal to attend funerals and mourning (who can provide a recommendation letter from the concerned local level)
- People with a serious medical condition, people with disability and their attendants (who can provide a medical certificate and a recommendation letter from the concerned local level)
- Senior citizens above 75 years and their attendants as well as parents/guardians accompanying children below 5 years (who can provide a recommendation letter form the concerned local level).
- People travelling to look after their family member/s who is/are seriously ill and admitted to ICU Ventilator who can provide a prior medical document and a recommendation letter from the concerned local level stating that there is are not other family members to care for them in Nepal
- All travelers arriving in Nepal must undertake mandatory antigen test upon arrival, they will be allowed to proceed to their destination if the report is negative but if the report comes positive, they will be sent to designated hospital or isolation center.
- Diplomats and their families are also eligible for on-arrival visas. However, if they are not fully vaccinated, they have to obtain visas from the Nepali diplomatic missions and remain in quarantine for 10 days at their residence or privately managed accommodation.
- Nationals from Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine, Afghanistan and Syria and foreigners holding temporary travel document and emergency passport must obtain visa from the Embassy or Consulate and are not allowed for on-arrival visa.
05 October 2021
Consulate General of Nepal,
- 入境前72小时内新冠肺炎核酸检测阴性报告证明文件(RT-PCR, Gene Expert, True NAAT 或其他世卫组织认可的检测)
- 尼泊尔裔或非居民尼泊尔人（NRNs）以及尼泊尔公民的外籍配偶，如已完成新冠疫苗全程接种，允许前往尼泊尔，但只有在以下特殊条件下才能 在抵达时办理落地签证：